A Sunflower Geranium.....Or, Too Many Geraniums?

Sunday, April 7, 2013

in
I just completed my third Geranium.  So, how many is too many?  The pattern has been out how long - a couple of months? 

I made my first one from Aneela Hoey's Posy line...


I made the second one from some black and white seersucker - and added an applique...


For my third, and maybe final, I used some red and white polka dot fabric from Robert Kaufman that has been in my stash for at least 10 years.  I made this in the tunic length, with the pleated front.  I added a sunflower embroidery on the front.  I don't know - are the pre-school fashion police going to notice that she has three dresses out of the same pattern???

For the seersucker one and the polka dot ones, I doubled up the sleeves rather than use a single layer of fabric and zigzagging the edges...I used a contrast fabric on the tunic, and I like the way it looks.

I really, really like the tunic length - my plan is to make some natural linen shorts for the summer to go with this....how cute will that be?

My child was not really in the mood to model, so I bribed her with some chocolate morsels - yes, I did! - and these are the photos I got....


I may have to give this pattern a rest for the remainder of the season, but I just realized that I hadn't made the cap sleeve version....or the notch version.....so, maybe just one more....

And, the reason that I've made all these is that the extraordinarily picky child actually wears them!

1 comment: