Word Up It's Word Girl!

Sunday, November 1, 2015

in
I guess I like Halloween sewing.

Here's a few photos from the past few Halloweens....






Ok, so I didn't make the first one....but it's so cute I had to include it!  The only year that we didn't do trick or treat was when Julia was two...she was sick that year, sadly.

I could dig through my photo archives and find photos of my older kids....I recall a dalmatian, a bumblebee, and Humpty Dumpty.  Maybe I'll find photos of those in my spare time.

But, this year, Julia decided quite early who she wanted to be, and I knew it would be really easy - Word Girl from PBS Kids.  I actually love that show, so I was totally on board.




Here's the details:

I used Catalina knit from Robert Kaufman - I seriously love it!  It's 100% cotton and a great weight - perfect for this project.  The belt is Kraft-Tex paper fabric (which we sell in the shop) with a large grommet glued on.  The cape design was a great suggestion from Shelley at Bartacks and Singletrack to use the patter for the baby bib from Little Things to Sew by Liesl Gibson - worked perfectly!

Patterns used:

Playtime leggings from Oliver + S
School Bus t-shirt from Oliver + S
Cozy Winter Hood from Little Things to Sew
Messy Kid Bib from Little Things to Sew

A super easy costume! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Janice it's fabulous! I love the idea that she could turn the cape around and go out for spaghetti! :)
    I'll have to see if this program is available online, I'm getting a bit sick of overhearing the soundtrack to Power Rangers ( hi-ya and hee-yaaar repeated ad nauseum)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So smart! Good idea Julia!! We love word girl!... You made me laugh about your "spare time" haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your outfits are absolutely awesome! In my opinion, this year Julia's outfit was the best! So bright colors. Writers form www.pinkelstar.com are impressed!

    ReplyDelete