Kids Clothes Week - Spring 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016

in
I made an attempt this past week to join in with Kids Clothes Week.  Success?  Failure?  Well, a little bit of both.

I set my sights high and pulled fabric for about 8 items.  What I ended up with was this:







I guess in the normal world of sewing, I'd be happy.  I completed both outfits this week, worked 40 hours, did about a million kid activities and took about 10 trips to the dog park.

The details:

Outfit number 1 - two free patterns from Oliver + S - the Popover dress made into a tunic, and my much-used Sunny Days Shorts.  The top and shorts are both size 5.  On the tunic, I added width on the front panel and gathered it a bit.  The fabric is a nice light seersucker from Robert Kaufman.  The shorts are a medium weight cotton denim fabric that has been living in my stash forever.  Nice to use that stash fabric!  I shortened the shorts 2 inches from the pattern length - works better with the heavier fabric. I added pockets to both the front and back of the shorts....gotta have pockets!

Outfit number 2 - the Butterfly Blouse and Skirt from Oliver + S sewn in a size 5 with 7 length.  The top is Woodland Clearing lawn and the skirt is a heavy cotton linen.  I've made the skirt a bunch of times for school uniforms, but this was the first time I've made the top.  It's a very sweet pattern - I definitely recommend it!

 Here's some modeled shots of both outfits (no pictures of the shorts yet!):







Thanks for reading.....can you tell my sew-jo is back?  Makes me happy!

13 comments:

  1. I love the popover tunic, I shall have to remember that one, although I do prefer to keep my daughter, as a blond, in shirts with a bit of a sleeve. The sunny days shorts are do for a remake in our house too. Yay for sew-jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I would call 2 outfits a success during KCW :-) I only finished one dress for my little girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I am actually happy - and back to sewing again this weekend!

      Delete
  3. They are both great outfits - cute, comfy and they look great on Julia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Masha! It's so easy to lose the sew-jo but once it comes back, it's so fun again!

      Delete
  4. I love those colors on J! The outfits look great.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Cindy! I didn't realize how much the color popped until I looked at the photos against the gray beach.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic!! Yeah, I work more than full time plus two kids and a house that always looks like a tornado hit it - the days of producing seven outfits in seven days during KCW are solidly OVER for me (I may have done that once or twice, before Maggie was born, and I was completely exhausted afterwards and necessary things did not get done), but I consider it a win if I sew just a bit more than average now. These are great outfits, super practical and mix-and match, and I for one am thrilled to see your sew-jo back! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inder....you should see my house! Not a huge priority at this point in my life - not with a 6 year old and a puppy....to say nothing about the rest of the family!

      Delete
  6. I love the fabrics you used! That butterfly blouse is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These nights, right now there are a lot involving validation websites together with remain broadcast websites. Many of them are really verified accurately, even so nearly all of them suggest their own toto web site since a new protected playground together with plenty of different websites are devastating with out there confirmation. It is a good means of promoting. You may’t 검증사이트 belief every point online. It is powerfully suggested which you use a good number of internet sites for a small amount of funds, or utilize them after verifying for a sufficient time period of time.

    ReplyDelete